So it begins. Your smartphone alarm is ringing as you scheduled it to ring every morning so you can wake up and go to work and you feel that you want to smash the phone to go off? But you remember that you worked hard for that smartphone and don’t want to smash it anymore… but when you hear What’sApp’s notification sounds and you know your coworkers are already looking for, it’s about time to do something.
Then you think about your boss. Damn, you hate him! You have four bosses on your head. Four! What four means? Not too much. Yes, but if they are some sort of Knights of the Apocalypse is something else. Apocalypse at work, who would have thought that everything will begin at your own job?
Do you know the two parts movie “Horrible Bosses”? Not? Of course, there are several examples of how to manage with them in a “funny way”. Psst, I put a trailer below. 🙂
You realize that you are some kind of a “slave” on a plantation only that in your case the slave is called either an employee or a corporate person or who-knows-how is called, maybe a fancy title which does not mean much. Plantation? No, it’s not that kind of a plantation full of water or where you have to sit in the stifling heat. No, here you have air conditioning, water, napkins, plastic cups, a beautiful building with glass and aluminum from where you get to see the beautiful sunset. Sometimes you catch the sunrise too because as you get to do overtime, but … the sunrise is beautiful! For five minutes, because after that you are immersed in work and you do not realize what’s happening around you. It’s good, right? Maybe you should think again!
READY! Stop! “Stop the planet, I want to get off!”
But to get back to our business there are a few signs that can make you resign from your job so you can do whatever you like.
1. We feel (if you have the time) that we are in a period of our career from which we have no escape. Time is compressed, stretches and all the days shorten resembles one to another. You know the movie “Groundhog Day”? (google it if not)
2. We feel ill (physically) just at the thought of the next day at work. You feel nausea, like you have a lump in the throat, in your stomach and something hit you hard in your chest. Headaches are common, it does not even matter. Superman, your job is your kryptonite! Run! 🙂
3. In the past we were doing everything with love, now we do everything robotic, phoned, without any satisfaction of the work. Two years ago seemed like you were an artist but now … it’s awful. Take a napkin!
4. We feel that we are paid less than others who are new in the company and are still learning. And when you have the certainty that they are better paid than you, the one with all the experience behind, … it’s time to… Run Forrest, run!
5. Are we bored at work? This is an option too. There are jobs that are not what was promised or have become boring. You play Candy Crush so you can get out of the routine? I don’t think that if you reach level 955 will happen something beautiful with your job. They will not even give you bonus jellies in addition to your salary. 🙂
6. The company where we work delays the payment of our salary? If the company has financial problems then we’re talking about layoffs, lower bonuses, and salaries etc. Will you still stay late at night?
7. Are you alone at the office? I mean you don’t work alone but all your allies, friends, colleagues left to work elsewhere? Perhaps it would be appropriate to leave too. You’re not as effective without them, and if they already left it means that something is happening. You have to look more closely, for otherwise when you will go and have a drink with them you will be the target of their jokes.
8. Do you have new bosses that promote colleagues that were nothing better than you and to you they only promise a raise or a higher job but this begins to be a fairytale? Sticking around for a while? Take a blank piece of paper! 🙂